JOSSI − A SUCCESS STORY
On 1 May 1957, Hans and Ruth Jossi founded the company “Hans Jossi, Präzisionsmechanik” in Frauenfeld. With complete devotion to realising demanding engineering ideas the young company won the trust of various large and medium sized enterprises from a wider region. With the increasing extent of manufacturing services the company grew constantly.
As a result of major orders from the power plant sector, the company built its own premises with scope for modular expansion in Islikon in 1964; the premises tripled in size in 1973. The growing demand for manufacturing services in the medical technology sector led to further expansions of the building in 1983, 1992 and 2001. An additional assembly site in Wängi was opened in 2009. And since 2016, the subsidiary "Jossi Systembau s.r.o." in the Czech Republic is also part of the group. Today, a total of around 12,000 m² of floor space is available.
Over time the precision mechanical manufacturing was complemented by development and assembling services as well as by the acquisition and development of in-house products. This therefore created more flexibility, broader economical reliance and better utilisation of the company’s resources. In 1993 all sectors of the company were certified by ISO 9001. In 2006 the relevant sector for medical technic was certified by ISO 13485. Mid 1994 in the course of a succession plan the company was transformed into a corporation.
Until the end of 2019, "Jossi AG", "Jossi Orthopedics AG" and "Jossi Management AG" together formed the "Jossi Holding AG" as legally independent companies. In December 2019 - as part of a succession solution of the Jossi family - "Jossi AG" including its subsidiary "Jossi Systembau s.r.o." was integrated into Inovu Group AG, in which it forms a new group focused on medical technology together with its new sister Brütsch Elektronik AG.